NEW: Medford, Oregon 1931-2020

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

NEW: Medford, Oregon 1931-2020

Post by Groceteria »

Not the most exciting one ever, but still worth a look:

https://www.groceteria.com/place/oregon/medford/
retailfanmitchell019
Contributor

Re: NEW: Medford, Oregon 1931-2020

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

Looks like Albertsons was a little late to Medford (first store opened between 1970 and 1980).
storewanderer
Veteran

Re: NEW: Medford, Oregon 1931-2020

Post by storewanderer »

This one 7521 Crater Lake Hwy closed as a Rays Food Place discount operation- I think it had the Shop Smart banner (may have been Price Less Foods).

This one 251 E Barnett Rd is a former Kmart closed in the early or mid 90's.

745 Stewart closed in 2005 as Foodland and finally reopened a few years ago as a store called Cartwright's with a focus on meat. 745 Stewart was very odd as during its final period it lost its grocery wholesaler and was just selling DSD beverages and chips. Really odd place there at the end.

There is another store in Medford which was somewhere on the west side of I-5, it was a very small store. It did not have the Foodland banner but it seemed to be somehow affiliated with Foodland. It was open some years after 745 Stewart closed. I can't seem to find it. It had meat/produce. Old 50's style type of store, about twice the size of a convenience store. Not sure what Foodland was, never saw it outside Medford. It was a standard United Grocers customer/Western Family labels. It had a logo that may have even been a registered trademark.
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/