Two chances to see me...

This forum is for announcements about the site and the board, "how to" information, etc. Some topics will allow discussion, and some may have polls, but only moderators may post new topics.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Two chances to see me...

Post by Groceteria »

…the best sleeping pill on earth!

If you happen to be in the neighborhood next week:

High Point Historical Society Presents: Guilford County’s Grocery Store History
The High Point Historical Society will be hosting David Gwynn, librarian, urbanist, and retail historian at UNCG. As the creator of Groceteria.com, one of the first and largest websites devoted to supermarket history, Gwynn will speak on the history of grocery stores in Guilford County. The Historical Society will put on a food drive in conjunction with this event with more information to follow. Free and Open to the Public.

By the Book: NC Triad Beer History at Oden Brewing Co.
Join us as we launch a new year of By the Book programs with a special evening out at Oden Brewing Co. Local beer historians Richard Cox, David Gwynn and Erin Lawrimore narrate the history of the Triad brewing industry, from early Moravian communities to the operators of nineteenth-century saloons and from Big Beer factories to modern craft breweries. The authors cofounded Well Crafted NC (www.wellcraftednc.com), a project focused on documenting the history of beer and brewing in North Carolina through historical research, oral history interviews with industry professionals and the collection of records from modern craft breweries. After conversation and questions with authors, stick around for some Trivia Tuesday takeover at 7 pm. You’ll need your best knowledge of brewing facts and Greensboro history to compete!
Andrew T.
Veteran

Re: Two chances to see me...

Post by Andrew T. »

If only I wasn't three days away by car...sigh.

Will any of these be livestreamed or recorded?
"The pale pastels which have been featured in most food stores during the past 20 years are no longer in tune with the mood of the 1970s."
Andrew Turnbull
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

No streaming or recording plans that I know of but I may try to record one of them on my own.

I forgot to mention there’s also an interview/article with me regarding the one in High Point:

https://t.co/D1MaXmzWJu
Steve Landry
Veteran

Post by Steve Landry »

Congrats!!!

👍🤩

Wish I was closer!!!
The Food Fair Empire
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

Video link to presentation for those who are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st9OdlIywRE
Andrew T.
Veteran

Post by Andrew T. »

Great lecture, David! Who would've thought it would start with snuff, and lead to gardenia seeds...
"The pale pastels which have been featured in most food stores during the past 20 years are no longer in tune with the mood of the 1970s."
Andrew Turnbull
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

Thanks! It's North Carolina, so it's almost required that you lead with a tobacco product.