Alpha-Beta store video of a vintage 1973 interior

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

Dan488

Alpha-Beta store video of a vintage 1973 interior

Post by Dan488 »

Here is a link to footage of Alpha Beta store #521 from my former hometown, 16955 Monterey Rd. Morgan Hill, CA. This is a home movie filmed in 1985 inside Alpha Beta (now Albertson's)

Very interesting to see, the things you could do back then, wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Zhh_5tdgI
justin karimzad
Veteran

Post by justin karimzad »

Very interesting interior, but sadly, this was one of the stores Albertson's closed in 2006.
J-Mac
Veteran

Post by J-Mac »

Funny you should post this link...

I was recently searching through my videotapes to see if a highschool project of mine was in my collection, but unfortunately I don't have the tape... a real shame, because we filmed inside a vintage gable Alpha Beta around 1992 or 1993.... looked a lot like the one in the video.

You could get away with a lot more when one of the people you were filming for your highschool project was also a store employee... ;)

The store we filmed at was 13321 Artesia Blvd, Cerritos... Oh well, at least the store is still open as a "California Supermarket." (Drove by there today, its not Hannam anymore... looks like a neat and clean market catering to the Asian neighborhood. Next time I'll take a camera. I doubt the interior is original.)