Disappearing Sizzlers in your area

Moderator: Groceteria

luckysaver
Veteran

Re: Disappearing Sizzlers in your area

Post by luckysaver »

Local history writer David Allen of the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (Ontario, CA) last month wrote about the disappearing Sizzlers in the Inland Empire and this location in Rancho Cucamonga.

http://www.insidesocal.com/davidallen/2 ... again.html

-The West Covina location (Nogales/La Puente Rds - I've been there once or twice as a kid) was torn down and replaced with a Savon Drugs/CVS Pharmacy.
-Upland (Foothill Blvd somewhere near San Antonio Hospital) became a steakhouse with a similar name.
-Diamond Bar (Diamond Bar Blvd at the 60 Freeway) became East180 Asian Cuisine.

luckysaver
Super S
Veteran

Post by Super S »

I am wondering if current events are going to cause Sizzler to eliminate the buffet in remaining restaurants, or to close altogether. There is a long-time Sizzler in Longview, WA where I live but has been completely closed during the Covid 19 restrictions and is not offering take-out at all.

Sizzler could survive if they focused more on their roots as a steak house and less on the buffet, which is mediocre at best.
Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

Super S wrote: 24 May 2020 11:23 I am wondering if current events are going to cause Sizzler to eliminate the buffet in remaining restaurants, or to close altogether. There is a long-time Sizzler in Longview, WA where I live but has been completely closed during the Covid 19 restrictions and is not offering take-out at all.

Sizzler could survive if they focused more on their roots as a steak house and less on the buffet, which is mediocre at best.
Mine is closed and currently remodeling inside. It looks like they removed the salad bar.
mburb1981
Contributor

Post by mburb1981 »

The Taylor, Michigan location at Eureka and Racho near Southland Mall was my local Sizzler location. It opened in 1991, but became Mountain Jack's following the mid-90's closures. Mountain Jack's would itself last several years before sitting vacant for quite a while, until it was torn down in 2012 for a strip mall with Qdoba/Penn Station/Kelly Services/Aspen Dental.