Thoughts for the new year

This forum is for announcements about the site and the board, "how to" information, etc. Some topics will allow discussion, and some may have polls, but only moderators may post new topics.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Thoughts for the new year

Post by Groceteria »

On the future of Groceteria.com as the twentieth anniversary approaches:

http://www.groceteria.com/2019/01/06/th ... -new-year/
Super S
Veteran

Re: Thoughts for the new year

Post by Super S »

I appreciate what you do, and I think more will take interest as some chains disappear into history.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

Super S wrote: 07 Jan 2019 00:02 I appreciate what you do, and I think more will take interest as some chains disappear into history.
Thanks! I'm really happy to see how many of us retail nerds have come out of the woodwork in the past twenty years!
TW-Upstate NY
Veteran

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

DO NOT even consider shutting down the board! The way I see it, is that the site (and by extension the board) is basically a bunch of people talking about grocers past. You CANNOT find anything like it anywhere else; this is truly unique. On some levels, this site and the board is sort of a "think tank" on supermarket and retail history.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

TW-Upstate NY wrote: 08 Jan 2019 13:39 DO NOT even consider shutting down the board!
No plans for that now that I've gotten the bogus registrations issue under control and am no longer spending an insane amount of time deleting them! That was the big problem for a while; I'd have to delete 10-15 new spam user accounts for every one legitimate post. It was getting a little time-consuming, but I think that's fixed for now.
wnetmacman
Veteran

Post by wnetmacman »

As I have told you many times over the years, we all appreciate what you have done for this hobby in general.

Of course, all things have to evolve, and I believe your site does so very well, and always seamlessly. I know I've learned much here as have countless others.

So I won't say 'dont' change a thing', because we need more info (yeah, we have a problem...), but keep up the hard work. I know you've labored over this whole site for many years.

If I can get the street directories from the Lafayette, LA libraries, I am considering trying to contribute. It just depends on time and I seem to have less of that daily. I'll keep you posted; I only really need some info; much of it's available just by driving the town.
Scott Greer