HOME (store)

Moderator: Groceteria

pseudo3d
Veteran

HOME (store)

Post by pseudo3d »

In doing some research on Forest Fair, I found in the "Malls of Forest Fair" era, it had a store called HOME anchoring the Lifestyles section. Given the fact that it was "anchoring" it, I suspect it was originally Sakowitz (which wasn't a "full" anchor store), but I have no idea what HOME was, and Googling it is useless.

I was hoping someone had some more information that they might remember.
mesly33
Contributor

Re: HOME (store)

Post by mesly33 »

Since I live very close to this mall, it holds a special place in my heart. After moving to the area from out of town, it was the first mall that I took my kids to back in 1994, but by then many of the original stores had already left. I tried to find online any sort of references to a "Home" store and like you, I was unsuccessful. But, I did find references from other local area malls at that time of a Lazarus Home Store. I wonder if that might have been the "Home" store you are referring to?
pseudo3d
Veteran

Re: HOME (store)

Post by pseudo3d »

mesly33 wrote:Since I live very close to this mall, it holds a special place in my heart. After moving to the area from out of town, it was the first mall that I took my kids to back in 1994, but by then many of the original stores had already left. I tried to find online any sort of references to a "Home" store and like you, I was unsuccessful. But, I did find references from other local area malls at that time of a Lazarus Home Store. I wonder if that might have been the "Home" store you are referring to?
The thing was stylized in all-caps, and it made me think it was a regional chain, like the late Kitchens Etc. in the Boston area. Here's a clipping from the article in context:
The "Markets at Forest Fair" will be anchored by bigg's hypermarket (already at the center), and will feature value, service and convenience stores.
The "Lifestyles at Forest Fair" will be anchored by HOME, and tenanted by Little Professor Book Company, music, sporting goods and other leisure-oriented stores. The "Festival at Forest Fair" expands the existing Time-Out amusement court into a family entertainment complex incorporating a new family entertainment complex called Cincinnati Live!, a cinema and other activities.