Cold Stone closings...replaced by Thrifty's?

Moderator: Groceteria

javelin
Veteran

Cold Stone closings...replaced by Thrifty's?

Post by javelin »

A local Cold Stone located inside a gas station closed, and was replaced by a Thrifty's Ice Cream store. Outside of Mexico, I've never seen one outside of a Rite Aid. I knew Cold Stone was having problems with its franchisees, but it came as a surprise Rite Aid would sell Thrifty's franchises in California.
Paper or Plastic
Contributor

Re: Cold Stone closings...replaced by Thrifty's?

Post by Paper or Plastic »

unknown on the Thrifty ice cream.. but it would taste better than cold stone. Their product reeks of flavoring chemicals.
Bearhawke
Contributor

Post by Bearhawke »

Paper or Plastic wrote:unknown on the Thrifty ice cream.. but it would taste better than cold stone. Their product reeks of flavoring chemicals.
Thrifty ice cream had quite a good rep in the day............
Bearhawke in Arizona
RandallFlagg
Contributor

Post by RandallFlagg »

The Cold Stone in Victorville was located in a gas station on the corner of Bear Valley Rd and Armagosa in the Dunia Plaza. I passed by it a few days ago and it is now a Thrifty's Ice Cream store. I emailed them and got a generic answer. Here's the email response:

Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry for the delayed response to your inquiry below.
I'm afraid I don’t have any information at this time that I can share about the Victorville location. All I can say is that when stores have a history of not maintaining the standards of the Cold Stone Creamery brand it can result in a store closure. I'm sure the developer of that area is looking at options to get a location open as soon as possible. There are just many factors to consider. We hate to lose our presence in any area and not be able to continue to serve our loyal Cold Stone Customers!Thanks again for your inquiry. We appreciate your support. All the best to you.
k
Kerri Kudla
Kahala
Director, Ops & Training Development
kkudla@kahalamgmt.com
javelin
Veteran

Post by javelin »

Cold Stone seems to have a lot of franchisees furious with them. So I'm guessing the likelihood they just wanted out of their contract and switched to something else. I understand the Thrifty's ice cream stores are found in AZ, but to my knowledge this is the first in CA.

Now I'm going to have some Chocolate Malted Krunch.