A&P to close 25 stores.

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moderator: Groceteria

klkla
Veteran

Re: A&P to close 25 stores.

Post by klkla »

Ephrata1966 wrote:A&P's website is a joke too. Just doesn't do justice to such a "great" company. I know A&P is smaller now, but this looks tacky enough to be a spam site.

Does anyone know how long they've had an online presence?
This actually appears to be a new fairly new website. On the surface it does appear to be amateurish but gets the message accross that they are intending to convey about low prices.

One feature I like is their store map. You can see a picture of each store which is kind of neat.
MikeRa
Veteran

Post by MikeRa »

Ephrata1966 wrote:A&P's website is a joke too. Just doesn't do justice to such a "great" company. I know A&P is smaller now, but this looks tacky enough to be a spam site.

Does anyone know how long they've had an online presence?
A&P has had a online presence since at least 2002
Jared
Contributor

Post by Jared »

the A&P merger with pathmark was not a positive mix of retail brands at all. With that said, I don't under stand why A&P competites against itself in its core operation area. They have Pathmarks across the street from nice upscale waldbuams. In some neighborhoods that clearly don't have the clientele for them. The same goes for areas with an A&P and a pathmark operating in them as well as the same with pathmark and superfresh in the same areas. Also the adds for the store are mess up sometimes with prices, Or product not carried.
MikeRa
Veteran

Post by MikeRa »

Jared wrote:the A&P merger with pathmark was not a positive mix of retail brands at all. With that said, I don't under stand why A&P competites against itself in its core operation area. They have Pathmarks across the street from nice upscale waldbuams. In some neighborhoods that clearly don't have the clientele for them. The same goes for areas with an A&P and a pathmark operating in them as well as the same with pathmark and superfresh in the same areas. Also the adds for the store are mess up sometimes with prices, Or product not carried.
Down here in the Philly area, you have, like you said, Pathmark and superfresh in the same area. You als have Pathmark and Food Basics in the same area (on Frankford Avenue, in Philadelphia)
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

All,

Let's please get this focused back on history.

Thanks,
David