Does anyone remember the Bohack village concept?

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moderator: Groceteria

demolition
Contributor

Does anyone remember the Bohack village concept?

Post by demolition »

Hi guy's I was just wondering if anyone remembers the Bohack village store desighn of the early 1970's. Best, Demolition
demolition
Contributor

Bohack village

Post by demolition »

In my opinion the Bohack village stores themselves were pretty well designed especially the interior. Having worked for a few of them when they were converted to Waldbaums. They had plenty of backroom space for grocery,produce,meat,dairy and frozen foods. Each department had it's own recieving dock and they were equiped with 2 compacters. They also had cement resting pads in the recieving area for when they would switch out old and new trailers. I also think they had an awesome exterior design for that time period.
bobkoenig

Re: Does anyone remember the Bohack village concept?

Post by bobkoenig »

There was a Bohack Village in Garden City Park. Long Island in the mid 70's. later became a Waldbaums, which it still is today. At the time it opened, it was one if the biggest supermarkets in the Nassau Area..I recall the frozen food dept. seemed massive to what we were used to. The Bohack was that nearby in Mineola was very small in compairison. Later, if my Mom shopped there when it became Waldbaums, she complained that it got too messy, so she never shopped there again.