Taco Cabana's

Moderator: Groceteria

mojavewolfpup

Taco Cabana's

Post by mojavewolfpup »

Anyone remember them?

http://www.tacocabana.com/index.asp

Still kicking around in 3 states, but not in las vegas, arizona, etc. I remember them here very well and most of the locations they are at.

One on sahara was yanked down and a el pollo loco now sits on it's ground, the other close to the vegas strip is still a taco place, looks the same sans a few slight upgrades to change it.

It had a checkered history here, the sahara location when it opened had problems with the inside design. The ceiling had wood logs to add decor to it, and some (very heavy, actual wood) logs fell down, killing people. I ponder that every time I eat at the el pollo loco now on it's grounds...

Aside from that, many of the locations (including the mentioned one near the strip) had serious health issues. Beef would usually be cooked, then found shoved into wood drawers at that location, never kept at proper temps, and so many other health violations I forgot.

It was too bad they left, aside from the health violations, I liked the place alot. excellent food for the price. It never really felt like a chain when you went into each one, every location had a slightly different feel/layout/management that made it worth a visit!