Naugles Mexican Restaurants

Moderator: Groceteria

storewanderer
Veteran

Re: Naugles Mexican Restaurants

Post by storewanderer »

The two in Reno that I thought were not original Naugles had a similar interior to what is being described here. The lobby was rather small with an order counter right as you walked in, then off to the right of that was a dining area, with a back entry/exit door.

One is at about 500 East Plumb Lane in Reno, currently Super Burrito.
This one never converted to Del Taco.

The other is approximately 2248 Oddie Blvd in Reno, seen as boarded up after Del Taco gave up. This was an interesting shopping center where Wendys and Carls co-existed right next to each other for close to 30 years, but Wendys recently closed.
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
jaymike

Post by jaymike »

Was there a Naugles in San Bernardino in addition to Redlands? When I was attending Cal State, San Bernardino back in 1977-79, a group of us from Waterman dorm would go to the Naugles in town for the macho burritos! It was the best relief of the "munchies" after a night of partying. I was from Georgia and I never had a burrito until I got to California. I just remember that the only part of the shop still open at 2:00 am was the drive-thru. Those burritos were just great! To this day, I still remember how good they were, and no place I have been to since has lived up to their quality and flavor.
Dean
Veteran

Post by Dean »

jaymike wrote:Was there a Naugles in San Bernardino in addition to Redlands? When I was attending Cal State, San Bernardino back in 1977-79, a group of us from Waterman dorm would go to the Naugles in town for the macho burritos! It was the best relief of the "munchies" after a night of partying. I was from Georgia and I never had a burrito until I got to California. I just remember that the only part of the shop still open at 2:00 am was the drive-thru. Those burritos were just great! To this day, I still remember how good they were, and no place I have been to since has lived up to their quality and flavor.
In proximity to Cal State San Berdoo...probably the site off the 210 freeway (then 30*) @ Del Rosa.

*IF that portion of the freeway was even completed in 77-79.

The site is still there...as a Del Taco.
mike t. whittier ca
Contributor

Post by mike t. whittier ca »

There was a Naugles in Huntington Beach in the 70s, it was om Brookhurst st. and Yorktown I believe. I used to work in that area, a long time ago. I dont know what happened to that Naugles after it changed ownership.