A site dedicated to odd fast food conversions

Moderator: Groceteria

Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

TheStranger wrote:I haven't been able to take a picture of it yet, but there's a motorcycle dealership just north of Santa Maria on 101 that I suspect is a former Bob's Big Boy. (I've mentioned it before on the boards.)
In Santa Fe Springs along I-5, there is a Truck Sales/Rental place in a former Bobs Big Boy / Carrows. Whats odd about this one is that this was next to a Motel 6 that is still in operation.
tesg
Veteran

Post by tesg »

TenPoundHammer wrote:At the food court at the mall near me (Bay City, Michigan, about an hour from here), they used to have an A & W. It closed about three years ago and now operates as "H & W". They just put new letters in the oval! (Last I checked, some of the menu boards still had blacked out A & W logos, too.)
Get pictures and submit to Not Fooling Anybody. That's the kind of stuff Liz goes ape for.
mgrmk
Contributor

Post by mgrmk »

On east Sahara in Las Vegas there is a former McDonald's that is now a used car lot called McMarsh's, the only thing gone from this classic 70's McD's is the golden arches street sign.
dth1971
Contributor

Post by dth1971 »

A former Jack in the Box restaurant was converted into a cleaners.

Also: Remember the Palatine, IL Brown's Chicken location that closed down when a murder there occured in 1993 which was then also converted into a cleaners by the mid-late 1990's before being closed and knocked down.