BUFFUMS--Southern California

Moderator: Groceteria

luckysaver
Veteran

Re: BUFFUMS--Southern California

Post by luckysaver »

The Pomona Buffum's is is actually one of the larger buildings (perhaps the Library Building) on the campus of Western University of Health Sciences, a graduate medical/nursing university. The tall sign that says "Western University" is probably the old Buffum's sign. Back in 2005, the University celebrated its 25th anniversary at the east end of the former Pomona Mall. If you're interested, interview Dr Philip Pumerantz, University founder and President/CEO.
Buffum's Pomona last appeared in an LA Times ad sometime in 1982 or 83.

luckysaver
Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

I realized the missing store, Grossmont Center in San Diego (La Mesa)

On the Wiki page I made, someone added Panorama City.....can anyone tell me where? I dont recall one.
runchadrun
Veteran

Post by runchadrun »

Jeff wrote:On the Wiki page I made, someone added Panorama City.....can anyone tell me where? I dont recall one.
I'm pretty sure that's wrong. There were Broadway, Ohrbach's, and Robinsons stores in Panorama City but not a Buffums.
Dean
Veteran

Post by Dean »

runchadrun wrote:
Jeff wrote:On the Wiki page I made, someone added Panorama City.....can anyone tell me where? I dont recall one.
I'm pretty sure that's wrong. There were Broadway, Ohrbach's, and Robinsons stores in Panorama City but not a Buffums.
That's pretty wild/sad...that all those chains are now gone!
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

The topic had gone rather far afield from Buffum's, so I've split the mergers posts into a new topic here:

http://www.groceteria.com/board/viewtop ... =29&t=2229

If we could keep this one focused on Buffum's, that would be great.