Recently visited a Jax Market that was a Market Basket

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

GaryED44
Contributor

Recently visited a Jax Market that was a Market Basket

Post by GaryED44 »

Here's a pic of the signage in the store now

Is this left over from the MB days or is it Jax Decor?

Thanks
Gary
klkla
Veteran

Re: Recently visited a Jax Market that was a Market Basket

Post by klkla »

It doesn't look like Market Basket decor. The MB's had the same basic interiors that Kroger had from the mid 70's to early 80's. The stores didn't use bright colored stripes like a lot of the stores of the day and tended to use more neutral earthtones. There is a picture of a Kroger on this board somewhere that shows brick tiles inlaid between terrazzo floors. I remember the old MB stores had this exact interior and the newer stores had a slightly updated version of the same thing.
GaryED44
Contributor

Re: Recently visited a Jax Market that was a Market Basket

Post by GaryED44 »

klkla wrote:It doesn't look like Market Basket decor. The MB's had the same basic interiors that Kroger had from the mid 70's to early 80's. The stores didn't use bright colored stripes like a lot of the stores of the day and tended to use more neutral earthtones. There is a picture of a Kroger on this board somewhere that shows brick tiles inlaid between terrazzo floors. I remember the old MB stores had this exact interior and the newer stores had a slightly updated version of the same thing.
Thanks I couldn't remember clearly i was pretty young the last time I was in a Market Basket, It had to be about 68 or 69. My family used to live next to the Santa Fe Springs location at Telegraph and Orr N Day Road.

Gary