Pictures from A9 maps

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region.

Moderator: Groceteria

runchadrun
Veteran

Pictures from A9 maps

Post by runchadrun »

Not sure where to post this...

Has anyone else checked out Amazon's A9 maps? They have digital pictures of streets from various large cities. Here in LA, they have a long way to go but San Francisco is very well covered.

Go to http://maps.a9.com/ and select your city. Check the Mark Streets Containing BlockView™ Images box to see where they have pictures. Sometimes it's hard to get a shot if the store has a large parking lot, or if traffic is in the way.

Here are a few to get things started:
Ralphs Fresh Fare (former Hughes), Studio City, CA This was my regular store when I lived around the corner. It was Hughes Store Number 1 and has a vintage 1960s look. The inside was completely redone to the Fresh Fare format in the late 90s.

Ross & Big 5, Northridge, CA. I was told that both stores were once an Albertsons but the tall "Ross" sign looks more like an Alpha Beta sign to me, especially in person.

Marina Safeway (now Vons), West Los Angeles This store has a big parking lot so it's a little hard to see.

Super A Foods, Alhambra, CA Small independent chain, this store is next to Alhambra High School and the Alhambra Public Library, where I spent much time as a kid. It looks just like it did 20 years ago!