Supermarket logos used for other purposes.

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region.

Moderator: Groceteria

marshd1000
Veteran

Supermarket logos used for other purposes.

Post by marshd1000 »

Yesterday, I was in a Macy's store in Downtown Spokane, WA. One thing that caught my eye was a sign pointing to "Lucky Brand" clothing. I had heard of that line of clothing. But what caught my eye was the use of the Lucky Supermarkets logo as part of the display The clothing and the clothing company's website has a totally different logo from the grocery store. I am wondering if any of you have seen this at any other Macy's stores? It was interesting to see this in Spokane as I don't believe Lucky Stores ever operated in Spokane. They were in Seattle however. Also have you ever seen other supermarket logos used in this way?
MBZ321
Contributor

Re: Supermarket logos used for other purposes.

Post by MBZ321 »

Was this logo on a price sign or something? I doubt it was something produced by the Lucky Jeans Co. Itself. I have seen many times in print ads, printed signs, etc. people may use the wrong logo (usually pulled off google) to show a brand even if they're not related.

And Kind of off topic, but in the game, Grand Theft Auto III, there is a supermarket building that uses a logo similar to Pathmark, but is called "Supra Save". (Which actually fits in nicely as the gave is based around a figurative NYC, where Pathmark has several stores)

marshd1000
Veteran

Post by marshd1000 »

Yes, it was for a price sign!
Ephrata1966
Veteran

Post by Ephrata1966 »

marshd1000 wrote:Yesterday, I was in a Macy's store in Downtown Spokane, WA. One thing that caught my eye was a sign pointing to "Lucky Brand" clothing. I had heard of that line of clothing. But what caught my eye was the use of the Lucky Supermarkets logo as part of the display The clothing and the clothing company's website has a totally different logo from the grocery store. I am wondering if any of you have seen this at any other Macy's stores? It was interesting to see this in Spokane as I don't believe Lucky Stores ever operated in Spokane. They were in Seattle however. Also have you ever seen other supermarket logos used in this way?
Not a supermarket logo, but I was at Sears recently and saw a Joe Boxer display with a smiley face that looked like Smiley from Wal-Mart. Except Joe Boxer is a Kmart brand, and this is at Sears.
BK31
Contributor

Post by BK31 »

Not a nationally known name, but back when I was growing up in SE Wisconsin, a bunch of Sentry Foods stores closed down soon after Fleming Companies bought them. One of my teachers got a hold of the last three letters from the Sentry sign ('try') from the facade and hung them up in the front of the classroom.
runchadrun
Veteran

Post by runchadrun »

Ephrata1966 wrote:
marshd1000 wrote:Not a supermarket logo, but I was at Sears recently and saw a Joe Boxer display with a smiley face that looked like Smiley from Wal-Mart. Except Joe Boxer is a Kmart brand, and this is at Sears.
Umm, Kmart has owned Sears for a few years now.