Safeway marina in Maryland to close

Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Moderator: Groceteria

dcgrocery
Contributor

Safeway marina in Maryland to close

Post by dcgrocery »

One of the few remaining Safeway marina stores at 3838 Howard Ave in Kensington, MD is scheduled to close in the next few days. This is one of the last, so catch it while you can! Gary
rich
Veteran

Post by rich »

I bought gas at the Shell station that's more or less in front of that store a few weeks ago. I was in a bit of hurry, so I didn't go in, but I wondered (at the time) how much longer the store would be around. It looks like it's the same size it would have been when it opened.
todd
Contributor

Post by todd »

There is a cool old Safeway in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho that I saw while traveling thru there 2 or 3 years ago.
danielh_512
Veteran

Post by danielh_512 »

There's still the marinas on Georgia Ave. in Wheaton and on University Blvd. in Silver Spring. There's another one in that general area that isn't in Kensington that escapes my memory. I seem to remember one on Connecticut Ave. up the road toward Aspen Hill, but I'm not sure.

Other than that, the marinas are long gone in the rest of the metro, to my knowledge.
apteafan

The one you are thinking of is now a Staples

Post by apteafan »

Yes, the Kensington Safeway has closed. But since they relocated the pharmacy across the street, I am thinking that a new Safeway store will be built at that location, since there isn't any other large parcels of buildable land around.
Bearhawke
Contributor

Re:

Post by Bearhawke »

danielh_512 wrote:There's still the marinas on Georgia Ave. in Wheaton and on University Blvd. in Silver Spring. There's another one in that general area that isn't in Kensington that escapes my memory. I seem to remember one on Connecticut Ave. up the road toward Aspen Hill, but I'm not sure.

Other than that, the marinas are long gone in the rest of the metro, to my knowledge.
There was a Marina on Lee Hwy in Arlington near Quincy (?) St (right by the old Cherrydale Fire House) that was torn down recently according to a friend of mine who still lives in that area.
Bearhawke in Arizona