Bob Saget Acme connections?

Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Moderator: Groceteria

Ephrata1966
Veteran

Bob Saget Acme connections?

Post by Ephrata1966 »

According to Wikipedia, Bob Saget's dad was a Philadelphia supermarket executive. I wonder what chain! (Bob Saget from 80's show Full House)
maynesG
Veteran

Re: Bob Saget Acme connections?

Post by maynesG »

Hi, I don!T know, however it wouldN!T suprise me over the years I have run into many Supermarket executives in Philadelphia that were comics or perhaps just simple clowns!
However I do know that Acme has a V.P. by the name of Croce, that is related to the late singer Jim croce and to the former G.M. of the sixers by the same last name
Ephrata1966
Veteran

Post by Ephrata1966 »

Hahaha, good answer!

Yes, Jim Croce was from Drexel Hill and went to Upper Darby High School. He lived no later than 1973 either. Todd Rundgren is also a famous name from Upper Darby.
werememberretail
Contributor

Post by werememberretail »

Ephrata1966 wrote:According to Wikipedia, Bob Saget's dad was a Philadelphia supermarket executive. I wonder what chain! (Bob Saget from 80's show Full House)
Actually some sources including Wikipedia said that Bob Saget worked at a Pantry Pride during his youth so Bob's pop may have had Food Fair ties, of course the only way to know really is to ask the man himself.
PS
according to his Wiki. he lived in Virginia and Encino California. Food Fair was active in Virginia and was starting a California division after buying the Fox Markets and launching some Food fair stores there.
here's Saget's refrerence to Pantry Pride.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_de ... hes-1.html
Ephrata1966
Veteran

Post by Ephrata1966 »

Mystery solved! It was indeed Food Fair Inc, according to this source: http://hamptonroads.com/2010/11/bob-sag ... be-norfolk