A&P closed another half dozen waldbaums

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moderator: Groceteria

Jared
Contributor

A&P closed another half dozen waldbaums

Post by Jared »

don't know if this was covered

6 more waldbaums on long island are to close or have closed already. some are really old
West islip NY, West Babylon NY, Lake Ronkonkoma NY, Huntington Station NY and two more I have yet to find

west islip is an old A&P, i wonder what will become of that location.
Hulkamania

Re: A&P closed another half dozen waldbaums

Post by Hulkamania »

Correction: West Islip is actually meant to say East Islip; and the last two were RVC and Commack (Motor Parkway). They all closed a few months ago.

- West Babylon and Huntington Station are becoming Best Yets, like the East Patchogue Waldbaums just did

- It's a surprise Lake Ronk closed when there's a rinky-dink ex-A&P Waldbaums still open in Holbrook.
Jared
Contributor

Re: A&P closed another half dozen waldbaums

Post by Jared »

It's sad, I used to shop in the old patchogue walbuams when I was a kid (well before it was renovated and expanded in 02). I'm talking in the day around 75-80sh. I used to love the cookies we got from their VERY small instore bakery that store was small and did serious business back in the day. yes I ment to say east Islip walbuams , which i believe is an old A&P. also west babylon was an old A&P as well. It's nuts that they still have the Holbrook walbuams open, that store is pretty much still an intact A&P with a waldbuams mid 90's renovation. The Ronkonk store was huge, It was almost a million dollar a week store back in like 85 when it opened. I was in shock when it closed because it was a fairly large store and was in decent shape even when it closed (it had been renovated a few years before it closed), someone once told me that that waldbaums had some (not all but there must have been a few offices scattered around) of their cooperate offices above the store.