Acme Whippany

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moderator: Groceteria

maynesG
Veteran

Acme Whippany

Post by maynesG »

Hi Bob, You could be correct and you know what I haven!t been Whippany since the late 70!s or early 80!s. Hey for all I know I did visit and Acme in Whippany way back then. I sure think I did. Maybe it closed after that.
Thanks Gerry
Rob Ascough
Contributor

Re: Acme Whippany

Post by Rob Ascough »

My list of stores that existed between 1963 and 1969 doesn't list a Whippany location so if one existed, it must have closed before 1963. The East Hanover location opened on 1/15/1960.
maynesG
Veteran

Post by maynesG »

Hi Bob, I guess I was in some Acme that was close to that location. By the way could the store that closed in 63 be the same unit in the Bank photo in question. I know that Acme ran a lot of old small store at that time Cliffside Park and Leonia come to mind.
Gerry
sgg
Contributor

Post by sgg »

Rob, do you have a list of stores before 1963 in that area? Maybe the Amer. Stores location that I saw in the TD Bank photo would be listed there (see prev. post). Also, where did you get the info on when the E. Hanover spot opened?
BTW, the TD Bank w/ the photo is on Ridgedale Ave. in Cedar Knolls, across from the Morris County Mall (the one with Wal Mart, etc.).