Former Raleys in Las Vegas

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Moderator: Groceteria

storewanderer
Veteran

Former Raleys in Las Vegas

Post by storewanderer »

The former Raleys in Las Vegas are an interesting bunch.

I photographed inside five of six that Smiths got (excluding 55 S Valle Verde in Henderson). This location has been remodeled into Kroger's interpretation of the Ralphs 2001 era interior.

I also went into, but did not photograph, a Food 4 Less (former Raley's and Albertsons) at around 1316 South Boulder Highway in Henderson. This was particularly interesting. They still had all of the old Albertsons signs and wall decor up (identical scheme to store photographed below at 6150 West Flamingo) but had removed the floor and part of the ceiling. It was one of those places that looked horrible or great depending on what you direction you were facing and what you were looking at. This made me curious what the other F4L former Raleys look like down there. Do any others still have pieces of the old Albertsons or Raleys interior? This was the only F4L I visited. I thought they remodeled all of the stores they got. Not quite...

Of the former Raley's stores photographed, one is a real light remodel by Smiths of a blue-gray Albertsons interior, two are Raleys interiors, and two are Albertsons interiors. Any comments on the 9200 West Sahara location would be of interest. I do not think the interior there is quite the original paint scheme and I wonder who painted in there. The "thank you" fixture also does not match the rest of the wall letters (slightly different font and very thin).

I have photos of the above mentioned stores on pages 3 and 4:

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa11 ... /?start=60
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
lvkewlkid
Veteran

Re: Former Raleys in Las Vegas

Post by lvkewlkid »

The Food4Less at Green Valley Parkway and Warm Springs is a former Raley's/Albertsons...it was closed for a couple months for remodeling after Raley's sold it to Kroger...

Before they did the awful remodel to the store at 55 S Valle Verde, it was an Albertsons interior...
Daniel
Veteran

Re: Former Raleys in Las Vegas

Post by Daniel »

On that "Thank You" fixture, theSmith's logo also looks odd, as some of the letters are smaller than the rest. Looks very crude and amateurish.