Food Giant, Ogletree's

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Moderator: Groceteria

noseriously

Post by noseriously »

The Food Giant people were peeved also. Delhaize left Food Lion to manage their own affairs but took over Food Giant and ran it poorly. I remember getting pallets of little Belgian jars of veggies for display. They were expensive and did not sell. They monkeyed around with a lot of things that just didn't work. Kroger was expanding and building new stores.
RandallFlagg
Contributor

food giant

Post by RandallFlagg »

Was this the same chain that operated Food Giant in California. I remember in the late 60's early 70s my parents shopping at the Food Giant in Fontana, CA on the se corner of Sierra and Foothill Blvd. There was a Food Giant on the east end of the parking lot, a small jc penneys and a thrifty on the west end next to sierra. A bunch of little shops were mixed in between and on a small wing next to food giant that emptied out into the back of the stores.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Re: food giant

Post by Groceteria »

RandallFlagg wrote:Was this the same chain that operated Food Giant in California.
No. Entirely different. There have been numerous Food Giant and Giat Food Chains around the country. It's one of the most common names for regional chains.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

FYI, there is a preexistig thread on Treasury stores here:

http://www.groceteria.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=361

I'm going to move all the Treasury-specific posts from this thread over there just to keep it neat. Sorry, it's some cleanup I should have done as the topic developed.