Search found 8 matches
Search found 8 matches • Page 1 of 1
- 04 Mar 2011 10:40
- Forum: History: USA Northeast
- Topic: Finast/ First National (the Pick N Pay, Pre-Ahold years)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4574
Finast in Ohio became Tops in 2000, something I wasn't too pleased about. Tops has since pulled out of the state and I am not sure what became of the other Finast stores.
- 26 Jul 2008 00:05
- Forum: History: USA Midwest/Plains
- Topic: Westlake, OH: Former A&P?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4838
Basements were common in supermarkets of that era (and before) even though they didn't make much sense (that store was built when the area was just starting to develop and land would have been cheap). It may be that they were goodplaces to keep things that were better off at a cooler temperature bu...
There was a Kids R Us where I got a lot of my clothes long ago in Eastgate(Mayfield OH), that was only a few doors down from Finast supermarket. It's not there now, I think Circuit City is but I haven't been there in awhile.
- 27 Apr 2008 22:57
- Forum: History: Miscellaneous and Not Region-Specific
- Topic: The first store that got me interested in old supermarkets
- Replies: 27
- Views: 28245
For me it was Catalano's in Highland Hts, OH about 5 minutes from where I used to live. It closed in Feb. of last year (Damn you, Giant Eagle)
- 02 Mar 2008 23:32
- Forum: History: Department Store Chains
- Topic: Cleveland, OH: What was this abandoned store??
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3495
It does look somewhat familiar, not sure though. I live near Cleveland and we had a Zayre's nearby that has been gone since about 1992 or so.